We are now hiring an EMC Sales Manager with technical expertise working with or selling EMC Shielding Equipment (ElectroMagnetic Compatibility) based in our San Diego office and supporting our sales efforts.
We will train and mentor a technical EMC / EMI test, or Antenna engineer / applications engineer / field service engineer if you have an interest in moving into a Sales oriented position. An experienced Sales professional with experience selling EMC or shielding equipment such as EMC / EMI test solutions, anechoic chambers, shielded rooms, positioners, OTA test ranges, absorber materials or related equipment is preferred.
This is an outside sales role where we will provide you with the sales leads, and you will also be responsible for fostering existing customer sales.
This is a unique opportunity for you to be part of an engineering firm renowned for Antenna, Radar-Cross-Section (RCS), and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) test & measurement systems. As one of our regional sales managers, you will be part of a customer-focused team dedicated to maximizing EMC test equipment sales through the development of new business and the servicing of a wide variety of customers in aerospace, defense, homeland security, telecommunications, satellite, and automotive sectors utilizing a solutions-based sales approach. Products include RF instrumentation, software, electro-mechanical positioning systems, positioners, anechoic chambers, and RF absorbers.
In this role, you will be joining our overall International Sales Team, specifically supporting the sales opportunities in support of the EMC products and solutions. Specifically, the Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for developing sales for Anechoic Test Chambers, Radar Absorbing Materials for Antenna and EMC testing, and for use in RF and EMP shielding.
This will be achieved by maintaining high level communication with the existing customer base, and by continually increasing the customer database using all sales techniques available. The candidate needs to have a strong technical knowledge in an RF-related subject and be able to build customer relationships. This will preferably be from within the EMC, antenna measurement, or mobile communications world.
A proven sales track record from within the RF or ElectroMagentic Compatibility industry is preferred.
- This role is multi-faceted, and well-rounded for an adaptive mindset individual, and is required to handle sales from small components up to multi-million-dollar, turnkey solutions.
- This is a challenging role that requires communication at all levels from end-user engineers and technicians through to top-level senior management.
- The candidate must possess a willingness to travel. With travel expectations to be ~ 30% on average.
Must be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident. U.S security clearance would be a plus.
EDUCATION & YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline, such as electrical engineering is a plus, coupled with knowledge of EMC, radio-frequency technology (antennas, radars, microwave devices).
- 5+ years of experience consisting of some combination of the following:
- EMC Testing
- Direct Sales
- Engineering/Project leadership roles dealing directly with the customer.
- Product management or business development.
- Antenna Testing
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
- RF shielding and EMC test system knowledge.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to demonstrate executive presence, including being well-presented, articulate, conscientious, ethical, punctual, highly motivated, and demonstrating strong service leadership
- Strong aptitude for creative problem solving.
- Strong team player with the ability to work well in a team-oriented, short-deadline environment; comfortable dealing with, and managing through ambiguous situations.
- Proven track record of meeting sales targets.
- Ability in coordinating across functional lines in a highly matrixed work environment to complete important projects; coordinate interrelated projects and manage interdependencies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent listening and negotiation capabilities, as well as high quality telephone and presentation skills.
- Business management literacy and acumen.
- Interact with potential customers to ascertain sales opportunities and understand technical requirements
- Generate quotations and help to prepare proposals in support of new sales
- Maintain contact with existing base of customer to keep on top of new opportunities.
- Search for new potential customers in appointed regions of responsibility, throughout the Americas
- Develop high quality technical responses and price proposals.
- Provide regular visit reports with necessary actions, and update company database (CRM) with activity dates
- Report back into the company with both market and forecast information.
- Look to continuously improve market and technology understanding.
- Travel in the sales area and to other company locations as required.
- Provide back up and overlap to your colleagues in the team.
- Look to continually improve our technical offer to the customer.
- Work with the project team to ensure a seamless handover of projects from bid to acceptance. Ensure that areas of technical risk are highlighted at all points of the delivery.
- Develop business relationships within the market to ensure long term exposure.
- Continuously develop your technical skills and contribute to the wider company engineering knowledge base.
- Support Trade Shows – help in making preparations, and in exhibiting
- Support other marketing activities
- Other duties as required.
Compensation is based on a combination of salary and commissions