As an RF Technician, you will be responsible to assemble and test complex RF measurement and motion control systems. You will assist in developing test procedures, methods and tools for test, verification and certification of our electronic and RF/Microwave products including, but not limited to, validating testing activities of manufacturing equipment and integrated measurement systems. You will also participate in design verification of new equipment and contribute in preparing product compliance documentation. This position includes working with our internal System engineers and Manufacturing engineers to troubleshoot integrated controls and RF systems. Additionally, our RF technician will develop efficient methods of assembling electrical products and help to create and maintain work instructions.
- Complex mechanical assembly skills are a requirement
- Extensive previous RF experience is a requirement
6+ years of experience in assembly and test of electronic products, systems, modules and test equipment
Technician Certificate or equivalent experience (Required) – BSEE/BSET a plus
- Solid knowledge in electronics; analog, power, digital, and RF, with a strong focus on RF theory.
- Analytical reasoning and problem solving.
- Experience in developing test instructions and procedures.
- Experience in RF/microwave component testing and characterization.
- Proven ability in setting up and qualifying RF/Microwave test benches (>100GHz frequencies).
- Strong working knowledge of PNA, VNA, ATE
- Assemble and repair through-hole and surface mount circuit boards
- Working knowledge of:
- RF coax to component connection methods for SMA and K connectors, including proper RF torque wrench usage
- The use of electronics assembly tools, wiring and electrical assembly tools
- Good communication skills written, spoken and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 5%.
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 Quality processes a plus
- ATE programming considered a plus
- Assemble and test a variety of products and systems.
- Develop, maintain and improve RF/Microwave testing for engineering characterization and pre-production test validation.
- Develop procedures and tools for testing, calibration and verification of standard products in cooperation with design engineers.
- Maintain equipment calibration.
- Assist and train other Electronic Technicians, when required, in assembly, troubleshooting, and repairing standard products.
- Participate in Failure Analysis when repetitive failure of equipment occurs.
- Ensure accurate documentation and measurement records of product parameters and process control performance.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings and reworks parts to incorporate engineering changes
- Assemble and test wire harnesses, cables, subassemblies.
- Some mechanical assembly required.
- Assembles and installs various electrical or electronic components where operation and sequence are specified by schematics, blue prints, wire lists, diagrams, verbal instructions, or established operations practices
- Uses a wide variety of specialized hand tools such as solder irons, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers
- May set up and operate automatic and semiautomatic assembly equipment; ability to set up fixtures, operate assembly equipment
- May perform soldering rework of either SMT or thru-hole
- May perform mechanical assembly of a medium complexity item; perform mechanical troubleshooting or adjustments to meet mechanical performance specifications or tolerances
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.