Title: Principal Antenna Design Engineer
Position ID: 3216
Location: Peabody, MA USA
Salary: $USD130000.00 – USD160000.00
Clearance: Secret Clearance
As a Principal Antenna Design Engineer you will lead a group working on advanced satcom antenna designs, interfacing with the broader team to create and derive requirements. You will simulate, design and test, with support from Individual Contributors, the development of phased array antenna systems in line with the requirements and objectives. You will help draft requirements and extract from these requirements the portions attributable to the RF aspects of our products. You will work directly with customers to develop the contractual requirements and demonstrate final RF capabilities. This position will involve light travel to customer locations.
We are a fast growing company developing cutting edge wireless communication systems based on our highly advanced phased array antenna technologies. We are deploying this technology across a variety of land, sea and air platforms for point to point and satellite communications in virtually every frequency range. Our team solves our countries most difficult problems and our products have a high impact for our nation and its customers. Our technologies are often the only answer for reliable operation in harsh environments to bring internet access for people and things globally. We recognize our people, and reward their success.
- 10 years hands on experience designing antennas, Passive micro-wave components and devices with direct experience in Micro-strip, strip line and printed technology.
- Masters in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with emphasis on electromagnetic, Antennas, MW and wireless communication.
- Practical experience of steerable beam antennas.
- Design experience with HFSS and Ansys designer and or equivalent.
- Experience using Matlab and writing scripts for complicated simulation models.
- Hands-on experience in testing antennas in Farfield and or Nearfield Chambers.
- Lab experience measuring S parameters and RF sub-systems.
- You must have led the development of an antenna product from design into production, including sustaining engineering / bug fixes / and improvements.
- Experience developing antennas into complete communication systems for either point to point and or point to multi-point, clear know how of communication theory and link budgets.
- Clear Understanding of transmission line theory and distributed systems.
- Experience launching sub-antenna systems into mass production.
- Understanding of various manufacturing processes and technologies, such as die-cast, printed technologies, materials and integration.
- Experience designing conformal Radome’s for low and high frequency products.
- Understanding of the RF chain for transmits and receives systems.
- Radar fundamentals knowledge is a plus.
- Military and/or defense experience is a plus.
- Ability to obtain a TS Security Clearance.