Our high technology Radar division is hiring an experienced electrical engineer with a background in Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) / Printed Circuit Assemblies (PCA), ECAD (preferably Altium) design, simulation, manufacturing, and testing. You will research, develop, and evaluate electrical designs of both hardware and firmware. Your expertise should include working on Radar, Electro-Optic, Infrared, SIGINT, RF or Flight Control systems. The position will have responsibilities to research, design, prototype and test subsystems for use on our innovative product lines including; stratospheric balloons, radars, and airships.
- Required is 5+ years of industry experience, with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, OR 3+ years of experience with a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Candidates must meet eligibility requirements for a DoD security clearance
• Research, develop, and evaluate electrical designs; both hardware and firmware.
• Support production, test engineers, and flight operations teams with installation/testing of electrical systems.
• Determine purpose, application, and feasibility of new or enhanced designs on existing products or processes.
- Keep abreast of and suggest applications for new technological developments in the field of electrical engineering.
• Create and update documentation for new and existing designs in all phases of the product lifecycle.
• Work with external customers, distributors, vendors, or suppliers to initiate new designs and solve problems.
• Coordinate engineering efforts and provide engineering assistance to internal teams or external customers.
• Responsible for defining technical approaches and tasks related to activities and projects.
• May act as lead on projects and guide lower level engineers and technicians.
• Proficiency with VHDL required; proficiency with Xilinx tools and FPGAs preferred.
- Experience working on Radar, EO/IR, SIGINT, RF, and/or Flight Control systems is highly desired.
- Experience in PCB/PCA ECAD (preferably Altium) design, simulation, manufacturing, and testing is highly desired.
- Proficiency with electrical lab equipment; oscilloscopes, power supplies, logic analyzer, and data acquisition systems required.
• Proficiency with electrical lab equipment; spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzer, and signal generators highly desired.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members, leadership staff, and customers.
• Self-motivated individual with ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Furthers knowledge of profession through continued education.
• Provides mentorship by sharing experiences to less experienced engineers.
• Must meet eligibility requirements for access to government classified information.