Title: Antenna Test Range Field Service Technician
Position ID: 3113
Location: San Jose, CA USA
Salary: $USD60000.00 – USD78000.00
Clearance: Green Card
This is a Field Service job where traveling and troubleshooting antenna RF and telecom customer issues is key. We would like you to have some experience in the test & measurement (anechoic chambers),Telecommunications, RF technologies, Antenna verification industries.
You must reside in the USA, and be fully authorized to work in the US. At this time we will not consider sponsoring applications
This position is a growth oriented opportunity, and will give the candidate an opportunity to grow their knowledge within Telecommunications, RF technologies, Antenna design, verification, and test & measurement (anechoic chambers) industries, as well as the certification procedures.
– AA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or similar field is a plus
– 3-8 years’ experience in RF or Telecommunication industry preferred – (This is NOT an entry level position)
– Fully authorized to work in the US. At this time we will not consider sponsoring any Visa applications
– Knowledge in Radio Frequency and Antenna fields is a plus. Metrology and/or Antenna Measurement experience valued.
– Experience with network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and wireless communication protocols and test instruments preferred
– Heavy travel within the USA. Some limited international travel.
Be prepared to discuss your knowledge and understanding of:
The selected candidate will benefit from an internal training program and will incorporate close contact & mentoring from senior engineers. Advanced training may also take place periodically in our international headquarters with the Maintenance, Application and Project teams, in order to get appropriate knowledge of processes and details of our products.
We are the largest supplier of antenna measurement systems in the world. Our primary client base is in the telecommunications industry, and includes major wireless carriers, handset manufacturers, antenna vendors, and certification laboratories. Our US corporate office is located in GA, and our newly opened branch office is located in San Diego, CA. These offices support our customers in the Americas, including sales, system integration, technical support & maintenance, measurement services, and various other support functions. Our customer base is comprised of the biggest companies within the Telecommunications industry (e.g. Apple, Motorola, Nokia, RIM, Palm, etc.).
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must occasionally crouch, stoop, or reach. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position may not be eligible for relocation assistance
This candidate will stand, stoop, crawl, and need to be capable of travelling and lifting up to 50 pounds.