Title: Antenna Design Engineer
Position ID: 3219
Location: Peabody, MA USA
Salary: $USD95000.00 – USD130000.00
Clearance: US Citizen
As an Antenna Design Engineer you will work on advanced satcom antenna designs in a team environment to develop leading edge antenna technologies. You will have access to the latest software, systems and tools for simulation and construction. You will derive requirements while designing, analyzing, documenting, and testing antenna’s and sophisticated antenna systems.
We are a fast growing company developing cutting edge wireless communication systems based on our highly advanced phased array antenna technologies. We are deploying this technology across a variety of land, sea and air platforms for point to point and satellite communications in virtually every frequency range. Our team solves our countries most difficult problems and our products have a high impact for our nation and its customers. Our technologies are often the only answer for reliable operation in harsh environments to bring internet access for people and things globally. We recognize our people, and reward their success.
- Minimum of 5 years hands on experience designing antennas, passive micro-wave components and devices with direct experience in microstrip, stripline and printed technology.
- Minimum of BSc. In Electrical Engineering or equivalent with emphasis on electro-magnetic, Antennas, MW and wireless communication.
- Practical experience of steerable beam antennas and integration into low-cost and mass production products.
- Design experience with HFSS and Ansys designer and or equivalent.
- Experience using Matlab and writing scripts for complicated simulation models
- Hands-on experience in testing antennas in Farfield and or Nearfield Chambers
- Lab experience measuring S parameters and RF sub-systems;
- US Citizen and ability to obtain a DoD clearance
- Experience developing antennas into complete communication systems for either point to point and or point to multi-point.
- Clear Understanding of transmission line theory and distributed systems.
- Understanding of various manufacturing processes and technologies, such as die-cast, printed technologies, materials and integration.
- Experience designing conformal Radome’s for low and high frequency products.
- Understanding of the RF chain for transmits and receives systems.
- Radar fundamentals knowledge is a plus.
- Military and/or defense experience is a plus